- No Go (5.5 ft and above) too dangerous for any river activities
- High (3.5 to 5.5 ft) Cruise with caution
- Normal (2.5 to 3.5 ft) Ideal river levels
- Low (2.4 ft and below) Clear and slow but still can go
- Here is the link to the River Gage near Luray
For 2016, we are having heavy scattered showers upstream that are causing Waves to go down river to us. Here is the grid of two of them for June 25 – 28. The water goes up fast and then down almost as fast.
We allow only 2 adults and one child in a canoe, ie max of 3 in a canoe. You should have water shoes, old sneakers and not flip-flops. Also don’t take glass on river. Do note that single kayaks have a weight limit of 250 lbs, tandem kayaks have a weight limit of 350 lbs.
- Read about a “Sample River Day”.
- Read about a “Tube Trip Day” .
- Here are several pdf’s that might answer any questions about your trip.
- Tips for Canoe trips
- Tubing trip tips
- TIPS for TRIPS